Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Few Classes at Home

I went home for a couple weeks in August. Five years ago I came to Korea to practice Taekwondo. Boy did I ever practice Taekwondo back in those days. I stayed for about a month at a High school in Sungnam that had a Taekwondo team. They kicked our asses with the training. These days I have little endurance in my right knee. I kick stuff with that leg a few times and then the knee starts to hurt. I think that month of training might have something to do with that.

After all that training I went back home, only to return to Korea again to become an English teacher. After I became an English teacher I stopped training Taekwondo. I've tried to pick it up again on and off, but I rarely can keep at it for more than a few months here because it is kind of boring to do here.

Then I went home and trained at my old school for a few classes. I had a good time. It's kind of funny how I end up going home to America to do a Korean martial art.

No comments:

Post a Comment